You are hereRomney fails to say how he'd move country forward. Nothing but platitudes, platitudes, platitudes.
Romney fails to say how he'd move country forward. Nothing but platitudes, platitudes, platitudes.
Mitt Romney gave the biggest speech of his campaign at the Republican convention, but failed the chance to tell America what he’s done and what he might do as President. Must Watch: This new OFA video highlighting what Romney didn’t say.
Romney offered no tangible ideas to move the country forward. His acceptance speech offered many personal attacks and gauzy platitudes, but no tangible ideas to move the country forward. He had a chance to tell America his plans for moving forward, but he didn't, leaving Tampa no stronger than when he came.
This week, in Charlotte, the Democrats are bringing into focus the choice in this election, and offering a clear vision for what we need to do to move forward, not back.
• Romney said nothing about his actual proposals, which would take our country backward by:
- Giving huge tax breaks to big corporations and the wealthy paid for by the middle class. The Romney-Ryan Tax Hike would raise taxes on middle-class families with children by $2,000 to pay for budget-busting tax cuts for the wealthiest;
- Turning Medicare into a voucher program and taking away seniors’ guaranteed benefits, which could raise their health costs by up to $6,400 a year;
- Slashing education, which would lead to fewer teachers, more crowded classrooms and fewer college scholarships; and,
- Gutting investments in renewable energy like wind – which supports tens of thousands of jobs – but keep giving billions in taxpayer dollars to Big Oil.
The Democratic Convention is not about rallying the base, or leveling petty attacks. It is offering a clear vision for what we need to do as a country to move us forward, not back.